Thursday, May 5, 2011

Josh Dunn's Reflection

Josh Dunn
LA Past Lives

5/5/11

Reflection Paper

This class has really taught me a lot and I got to experience a lot of thing I would have never done. I had never been to the Schindler house before, nor had I heard of it. When I went there, I was surprised on how interesting it was. I also had never been to the LA Public Library before and it was an amazing place. The group project required us to do research about the Schindler house and I learned about the house, Schindler himself, and the surrounding LA area. I enjoyed the class because we were allowed to express and execute our ideas as we pleased and were allowed to work in the medium we wanted. In the past, I disliked my previous IL class because we were put into groups with one person in each major. This however was a problem because the projects we did were only catered to one person’s major out of the group and we were stuck working in mediums we didn’t like.

The visit to the library was very beneficial and we have gone many times since then to do research. The library has a great source of information as well as many people who can help you with your research. I really enjoyed being able to go to the library and research the Schindler house. There were many books we could take photos from and a city archive of the city maps where we could fine information about when buildings were built.

I like how the class was structured and how to be given the opportunity to work in the groups we wanted. I also enjoyed working in a group project because it gave me the opportunity to work collectively on a project and learn how to properly divide work and share ideas together to make a full project.

I really enjoyed the work everyone did being shared on the blog. I thought it was a very interesting and great way to share work and anyone can see what we had done, at any time. I liked how I could look at other people’s references and photos to get ideas and see the development of other people’s projects.

I really enjoyed having Aaron Henne as our mentor because he gave great feedback and was very helpful. He had many ideas that could help further our projects and he was very supportive of our ideas. I also enjoyed the presentation he gave on storyboards and how to properly structure them. 

Overall I really enjoyed the class and was glad we had the opportunity to learn about and visit the Schindler house. I have always been interested in architecture, so the class had interested me from the beginning and the class being “virtual” was a great idea. The blog was a great thing and a great way to share our work with the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment